Date Prepared: November 2022
Customer Service Policy
d@rt requires all drivers to maintain a high standard of service.
Exceptional customer service is essential for achieving a high performance and quality service by drivers. Drivers get only one chance to create a first impression, so it is very important for you to provide excellent customer service. This will allow you to receive good ratings and for the customer to take a d@rt ride with you again.
Customer service covers all aspects of your dealings with passengers. d@rt’s minimum expectations for customer service are below:
Hygiene and cleanliness
- Be neatly attired in casual apparel with clean clothing.
- Pay attention to personal hygiene and grooming standards.
- Do not use spray deodorisers that get in the seat fabric and is passed on to passenger’s clothes.
- Maintain your vehicle so it is free of visible dents and scratches, inside as well as outside.
- Keep your vehicle clean and litter-free, inside and out. (Also see COVIDSafe Plan.)
- Treat passengers with dignity and respect at all times.
- Accept all passengers, regardless of differences in culture, language, religion, accents, gender and speech patterns.
- You should be polite, respectful and well-mannered when interacting with passengers.
- At the start of the ride, check with your passenger to see if the music, volume and temperature suit their preferences. As a guideline, try not to play music above your sound system’s mid-level or listen to loud music through any earphone device.
- Respect passenger’s privacy and only engage in personal conversation with them if they start the conversation. Be mindful of the fact that passengers may appear to be friendly but may dislike personal questions.
- Politely confirm your passenger’s destination and if you don’t know it, ask the passenger more questions. Never guess the destination.
- Do not proactively ask for tips, or additional compensation from your passenger.
- Drive in a safe and professional manner (two hands on the wheel) and comply with road rules.
- Do not take any personal calls while passengers are in the vehicle, except in the event of an emergency and it can be made hands-free.
- Do not drive with a vehicle that is not the vehicle you have registered with your or your employer’s account.
- If you have registered multiple vehicles, please ensure your CPVV driver ID is prominently displayed so the passenger can readily recognise your image and accreditation.
- Use equipment in your vehicle in a safe and professional manner.
- Do not stop your vehicle for refuelling during the journey. All refuels should be done before accepting a trip request or after completing a trip.
- Do not make any personal stops during the journey unless it is for an emergency.
- When using navigational aids like GPS and street directories, always confirm the route with the passenger first to avoid any misunderstandings. The rider’s way is always the best way.
- Always strive to reach the pickup point before pickup time. You must notify your customer if you are delayed and inform them of when you expect to reach the pickup point.
d@rt reserves the right to deactivate or restrict the driver’s access to d@rt Services or the Driver App.